Music is an integral part of our worship and spiritual lives at FPC High Point. We offer opportunities for children, youth and adults to grow and share their musical gifts through services of worship and in fellowship with our congregation and in our community. Our volunteers come from varied musical backgrounds, ranging from semi-professional to first-timers. We welcome you to join us!
Summer Choir from June through mid-August
If you have a voice to raise, bring it to Summer Choir!
Summer Choir is a wonderful opportunity for singers who cannot commit to regular rehearsals throughout the year. In the summer we forego Wednesday night rehearals and sing simpler music rehearsed just before the service. We welcome choir regulars and newcomers!
Please join us in the choir room on Sundays at 10:15 a.m. We’ll get your robe and music so you can join in making a joyful noise from the loft!
Contact Elizabeth Gulley, Director of Music at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 336-884-2248 ext. 29 with questions or to say when you’ll join us!
Sanctuary view from the choir loft
Choir opportunities throughout the year...
- Rehearsals Wednesday 7:30-9:00 p.m. (August–May)
- Open to all adults - Experience helpful, but not necessary
- Sings for 11 o’clock worship most Sundays
- Sings a major choral work once a year
- Performs for FPC church fellowship functions and in community
- Rehearsals Sunday 5:15-6:00 p.m. (September-May)
- Youth grades 6th through 12th
- Bi-annual musical, annual choir festival trip
- Sings for Sunday morning worship 3-4 times a year
- Rehearsals Wednesday, 6:30-7:15 p.m. (September-early Spring)
- For children grades 2nd through 5th
- Exposure to a variety of musical styles and concepts
- Prepare musical and/or Christmas Pageant
- Regularly participation in morning worship
- Rehearsals Sunday, 5:15 – 6:00 p.m. (September - Palm Sunday)
- For children K through 1st grade
- Introduces basic music skill through instruments, movement and singing. Sings in worship up to three times per year
Memorial Handbell Choir
- Rehearsals Wednesday 5:15-6:00 p.m. (September- May)
- Adult and Senior High Members
- Music Experience is most helpful
- Participates in worship four times a year
- Performs in community & attends handbell festivals
Youth Handbell Choir
- Rehearsals Sunday 4:30-5:15 p.m. (September- May)
- Youth Members grades 6th through 12th
- ‘More’ means playing other instruments for worship services
- Music reading experience helpful but not required
- Participates in worship services three times a year
- Rehearsals on Sundays 5:15-6 p.m. (seasonally)
- Open to grades 3rd through 6th
- Learns ringing techniques & music reading skill
- Worship participation three times a year
Men’s Choir and other seasonal ensembles
- Rehearse as needed
- Opportunities fofr informal ensembles
- Church-wide Talent Night
- Montreat Worship and Music Conference - annual week-long event in Montreat, NC
- Instrumental opportunities for amateur players
- Scottish heritage events
- Present visiting choirs for concerts and worship such as Bel Canto sCompany, and touring university and college choirs
Music activities are listed in the Presbygram, our bi-weekly church newsletter.
Elizabeth Gulley, Director of Music Judith Millar, Organist
336-884-2248 ext. 29 336-884-2248 ext. 28